Sunday, February 12, 2012

Can This Relationship Be Saved: Sassy's Side

Kitties, lately Sassy and Callie have not been getting along well.  They have been sent to a relationship counselor.  In effort to help all of the brofurs and sisfurs out there get along, their session is being reported here.  Today’s session is Sassy’s side of the story. 
My life started out a little rough.  When I was only six weeks old, I was abandoned by my birthmother and put in a small cage at the shelter with my three brofurs.  They were mean and bad.  They beat me up every day.  When I first saw my Mommie, she walked up to our cage and asked to see me, me – not my mean brofurs.  I loved my Mommie at first sight, but was very scared.  Could I trust her?  Would she abandon me like my birthmother? 
We had a wonderful six years together, then disaster struck!  IT was adopted.  Trouble.  When I first saw the skinny little brat, I couldn’t believe my eyes.  What was this, was I being replaced – abandoned again?  As I looked at her, she let out this high pitched meow.  I reached out with my paw to gently touch her, that make sure this was real, not some nightmare.  Suddenly, my perfect world was altered.  I had a mouthy, constantly singing, little sisfur with a wild out of control imagination.  AND Mommie was yammering on about how I needed to “love” my baby sisfur!
Maybe I could better tolerate this little intruder if she was not always egging me on.  She constantly mentions how I weigh twice what she does.  I am not overweight, I am big boned and fluffy. She gets in MY bed, getting her stinky furs on it.  She starts rumors about me.  Recently, I found out at the VET that I was dehydrated.  Callie ran around telling everyone I had a “drinking” problem! 
Lately, Callie has tried to put the smacky paw on me. I had to put up with my bigger than me brofurs beating me up when I was younger, I will not let this skinny little brat get away that.  I have tried to work this out with Callie.  We live in a 12 room house.  I have told Callie I would let her have one whole room to herself (the laundry room), if she would just stay out of the rest of MY rooms!  I believe that, since I was here first, this is a fair division of property. 
Stay tuned for Callie's side of the story tomorrow. 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Sassy,
Me feels for yous! My brother (the Brat) Kozmo has been a pain since he came to lives with us last year! Me put the fear of Nellie in him! Even though he is now bigger than me, me is afraid of mes!
But to be fair, me will listen to Callie's side. After all, she is a Cat From Hell!
Kisses
Nellie

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh no, that trouble brewing just doesn't sound like any fun!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Oh no! We hope you can sort your differences out.

The Island Cats said...

Oh Sassy! I know how you feel! I get beat up by Ernie all the time. I give it back to him, but he's kinda mean. And I don't even want to talk about that orange stripey cat! We can't be in the same room together. I just don't like the way he looks and I wanna beat him up . Gosh...I think we need a relationship counselor too!

Zoey

Sparkle said...

Somehow I don't think Callie will be happy with just the laundry room. But I am looking forward to listening to her tall tales... erm, I mean reasons for that.

Gigi said...

Annoying little introoder kittehs totally deserve the Smacky Paw--especially if you are bigger! Ha ha ha! Whoever said Kitties were good sports???

Oui Oui said...

Uh oh! This sounds like our house, cept some kitties here can't stand to even look at each other, and try to kill each other from under doors. Not good! we hope you kitties are better than that!

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Star sympathizes, she had the house to herself for many years and then that great big barbarian Leo suddenly showed up, taking all the good sleep spots. It's getting close to a year and they still don't get along!

By the way, we tagged you on our blog!