Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Thursday's Tall Tales With Trouble: Dinner With Mr. Benny Hana


Kitties – I had a great adventure last night.  Recently I heard Mommie talking about going to see some guy called Benny Hana.  Now, I had never met Mr. Hana, but I heard Mommie say the magical words SUSHI, so I made plans to go with her to visit him. 
Good thing Mommie carries a large purse everywhere.  Sneaking into it was a piece of cake.  When we first arrived, there was a large pond in front with a bunch of fish in it.  Now I thought this was Mr. Hana’s kind way of letting us select our sushi before preparing it, but apparently not since Mommie just walked in without stopping. 
Soon Mommie was seated at a large table and had a plate of something she called California Rolls.  Good thing Mommie had stopped by the bar before eating.  She never even noticed the white paw sneaking out of her purse and snagging 1 or 3 pieces of sushi!  Next Benny (I feel that since I have eaten his sushi I can now call him by his first name) came out and started cooking our meal right there at the table.  At first, this part seemed kind of boring with vegetables and stuff, until suddenly, from inside of the purse I smelled SHRIMP!  I peeked out of the purse and saw shrimp cooking right there.  Yum!  But here is a hint to the wise – never try to sneak a piece of shrimp while knives are flashing!  Sushi and shrimp – what a meal!  I think that I love this Benny Hana man. 
Now, if I can just find a way to explain my sushi breath to Mommie……

14 comments:

Random Felines said...

what an adventure - and YUMMY

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

MOL Sushi breath! Aw, just tell her your catfood was just extra fishy this time.... She'll buy it, she's only human after all. :)

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

What a great adventure you had !
Sushi and Shrimps sounds really jummy :)

Brian's Home Blog said...

Okay, let's eat!!!

Laura and Taffeta Rose said...

Shhh! Callie, just eat some nip. It works for us. Purrs.

Laura & Taffy

Noir the Texas Tabby said...

Looks like you had quite the time at Mr. Hana's place. Tommy won't take us--so you're real lucky--as for the sushi breath..Purr for your Mom--she'll melt and forget able about it. We cats are powerful like that!!

Noir

The Island Cats said...

We need to visit Mr. Hanna too.

Unknown said...

Wow! Sweet Pea! That sounds like a wonderful place! Can you take me next time I visit?
Love your Sweet Ba Boo

Sparkle said...

My human and her boyfriend have never shared their sushi with me or the other cats. So selfish of them...

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Now why is this the first we hear of this thing called Sushi??

Rumblemummy is gonna get a THWOCK later...

CATachresis said...

Sushi sounds right up my street! Is shrimp pink? ;)

Hannah and Lucy said...

Sushi and shrimps - that's not fair - we didn't get that.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

da tabbies o trout towne said...

shrimpz N sushi !!!!!! callie ewe had de meel dreams bee made ta sleep by; only thing missin was a few dozen donuts and sum piez for dee sert !!!

A Tonk's Tail said...

FaRADaY: *goggle-eyed look* Mowzers, Callie - you're....BRAVE. I'd never get in Mommy's purse (YES I WOULD TOO FIT, ALLIE!) cuz then it goes into the...car...and I HATES the car...

But for SUSHI? Hrm... *rethinking*